This research is supported by RGC Research Grant of the Hong Kong SAR Government. (2005-2006), BQ-936 “Intelligent Geolocation Algorithms for Location-based Services” The authors would like to thank Mr. Yiu Chit Fai, Chu Ka Kit and Ho Siu Tung for the performance of the field tests carried out at the Hong Kong Polytechnic University and the students of the Practical Course on Location Based Services in the winter term 2005/06 for the performance of the tests at the Vienna University of Technology. The authors would also like to thank the Facility Management Office of the Hong Kong Polytechnic University and the Vienna University of Technology for providing the floorplan of the University buildings which were used in some of the Figures.
1) Bahl P., V.N. Padmanabhan, 2000. “RADAR: An in-building RF-based user location and tracking system,” Proceedings IEEE Infocom, 2000.
2) Chan Chi Kin, 2006. “Investigation on Performance of Wi-Fi Positioning System,” Bachelor of Science thesis, Dep. LSGI, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University.
3) Ladd A. et al., 2002. “Robotics-based location sensing using wireless Ethernet,” Technical Report TR02-393, Department of Computer Science, Rice University.
4) Mok E., L. Xia, 2005. “Strategies for Geolocation Optimization in Urban Regions,” in: Proceedings of the 2005 International Symposium on GPS/GNSS, 8-10 December, Hong Kong, CD-Rom Proceedings.
5) Mok E., G. Retscher, L. Xia, 2006.“Investigation of Seamless Indoor and Outdoor Positioning Integrating WiFi and GNSS,” in: Papers presented at the XXIII International FIG 2006 Congress, October 8-13, 2006, Munich, Germany, CD-Rom Proceedings, 15 pgs.
6) Retscher G., 2005. “3-D Position Determination in a Multi-storey Building Using a Pedestrian Navigation System,” in: Gartner G. (Ed.): Geowissenschaftliche Mitteilungen, Schriftenreihe der Studienrichtung Vermessungswesen und Geoinformation, TU Wien, Heft 74, Papers presented at the 3rd Symposium on Location Based Services and Telecartography, November 28-30, 2005, Vienna, Austria, pp. 81-86.
7) Retscher G., E. Moser, D. Vredeveld, D. Heberling, 2006. “Performance and Accuracy Test of the WLAN Positioning System ipos,” in: Papers presented at the 3rd Workshop on Positioning, Navigation and Communication WPNC 2006, University of Hannover, Germany, March 16, 2006, Hannoversche Beiträge zur Nachrichtentechnik, Band 0.3, Shaker Verlag, pp. 7-15.
8) Retscher G., M. Thienelt, 2006. “Test and Integration of Location Sensors for Position Determination in a Pedestrian Navigation System,” in: Papers presented at the IAIN/GNSS 2006 Conference, October 18-20, 2006, Jeju Island, South Korea, CD-Rom Proceedings.
9) Teuber A., B. Eisfeller, 2006. “WLAN Indoor Positioning Based on Euclidian Distances and Fuzzy Logic,” in: Papers presented at the 3rd Workshop on Positioning, Navigation and Communication WPNC 2006, University of Hannover, Germany, March 16, 2006, Hannoversche Beiträge zur Nachrichtentechnik, Band 0.3, Shaker Verlag, pp. 159-168.
10) Yiu Chit Fai, Chu Ka Kit, Ho Siu Tung, 2006. “Analysis of Wi-Fi Positioning Performance in the HKPolyU Campus using Ekahau Wi-Fi Positioning System”, Higher Diploma Project Report, Dep. LSGI, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University