|News Update|| |
Call for proposal for DST-NGP Summer/ Winter Schools in Geospatial Science and Technology
The Department of Science & Technology under its National Geospatial Programme (earlier NRDMS) has been Promoting Geospatial Science and Technology, Policy, Solution, capacity building, entrepreneurship and International cooperation for sustainable socio-economic development at all levels of Governance.The programme aims at catalyzing various components of the National Geospatial Ecosystem viz. Geospatial Science and Technology, Policy, Solution, capacity building, entrepreneurship and International cooperation for sustainable socio-economic development at all levels of Governance.
With this vision in mind and to build knowledge and adaptation capacity of geospatial technologies at various levels, this department invites proposals from geographically well distributed organisations capable of conducting Geo-innovation Challenge (three days) and 21 days winter/ summer schools in the fields of geospatial science and technology mainly for faculty from colleges, universities and schools, scientists from research and development organization, officials from state and central government, start-ups, S&T enabled NGOs etc.
Financial support will be provided to selected organization for the following:
- 21 Day summer/winter schools in geospatial science and technology (Level-1): This aims to build geospatial capacities in teaching, research and development and use of geospatial technologies using open source software among the participants.
- 21 Day summer/winter schools in geospatial science and technology (Level-2): This focuses on building geospatial capacities in specific sectoral areas viz. water, energy, biodiversity, health, livelihood etc, through comprehensive hands on approach using open source software. Preference will be given to coordinators who have already conducted at least two level-1 or equivalent courses.
- Three days Geo-innovation Challenge: The main aim of this to cater the early career professionals/ young mind, for harnessing new ideas in Geospatial Science, Technology and entrepreneurship.
A special call for SC/ ST category has been initiated under 21 Day summer/winter schools in geospatial science and technology (Level-1). This will be supported under Developmental Action Plan for Schedule Cast and Tribal Sub Plan Scheme of Government of India. For consideration under this category either Coordinator and/or more than 30-60% of the participants should be from SC/ST category.
Knowledge and implementation support for conducting the program is provided through the IGET portal (http://dst-iget.in) jointly developed by DST- NGP and Institute of Environment Education and Research, Bharati Vidyapeeth University (BVIEER). Prospective applicants are requested to go through the above portal prior to preparing the proposal.
Details information for preparing the proposal is available in the digital form in the brochure at https://dst.gov.in/callforproposals & IGET portal (http://www.dst-iget.in)
Who can submit the proposal?
The proposal can be submitted only by the faculty members, scientists, engineers, technologists in permanent position working in post graduate colleges, UGC recognized universities, national Institution, etc. having requisite qualification in the field of geospatial technologies.The institution shall have a well-developed set of projects based in this field to ensure that participants are able to complete a short project at their own on the completion of the course. In the case of Geo-Innovation Challenge, the Start-ups (in collaboration with a Knowledge Institution) and S&T enabled NGOs having experience in Geospatial domain can also apply.
The advertisement is for the years 2021-23 and shall be valid up to 31st March, 2023. Last date for online receipt of proposals is 30th November, 2020.
Criteria of Selection
- The Coordinator (PI) must have proven expertise in the field of geospatial science and technology evidenced by publications / patents, experience in working with youth and conducting national level seminars and capacity building programs in same field and should hold a permanent position in the organization.
- Institutions must have at least 4 in-house faculty with required specialization for conducting ~ 70% of the course content, have high teacher/ student ratio for hands on practice.
- Must have strong infrastructure with reference to the inhouse guest house, well equipped facilities for hands-on training etc. All of the hands-on sessions must be conducted in the institutional laboratory only and not with laptops of participants. Kindly mention clearly if institutional laboratory will be available for use of participants during the course.
- Coordinators (PI) should be prepared for the residential course, however in view of current COVID-19 scenario, should be agreeable for shifting to online mode if needed.
How to submit the proposal?
The proposals should be submitted at https://onlinedst.gov.in/ in proper format following the guidelines and duly forwarded by Head of the Institute / University as mentioned in the digital brochure at https://dst.gov.in/callforproposals & IGET portal (www.dst-iget.in). Non-governmental organization (Deemed and private universities and research and development organization) should be registered at the ngodarpan.gov.in portal of the Government of India.
For any other query and submission of proposal please contact:
Dr. D. Dutta, Head & Scientist-G / Dr. Shubha Pandey, Scientist-D, National Geospatial Programme (NGP) Division, Department of Science & Technology Technology Bhavan, New Mehrauli Road New Delhi-110016 (Telefax:011-26851967) Email:firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
NOTE: The e-version of the proposal duly endorsed from the Head of the organization should be submitted as a single pdf document under capacity building in Geospatial Science and Technology scheme of National Geospatial Programme Division (earlier NRDMS) at https://onlinedst.gov.in/
Leave your response!
You must be logged in to post a comment.