|News Update|| |
UK Government launches £2 million transport location data competition
The Geospatial Commission has partnered with Innovate UK to create a new £2 million competition which will look at how location data can spark innovation and support the future of mobility for the United Kingdom.
Smarter mobility solutions, underpinned by location data, will enable us to make the most of our transport networks by boosting capacity, reducing environmental impacts and decreasing travel times. This competition aims to stimulate commercial innovation to help create geospatial solutions to our transport challenges and support the future of mobility. The competition has four themes:
- Mobility as a service – to help better integration of transport modes
- Active travel – creating safer ways to enable active travel
- Supply chains – helping better distribution, storage and delivery
- Boosting capacity – increasing efficiency of transport networks
Examples of projects that could be awarded funding include:
- Sensors that can support safer transport.
- Making better use of kerbside space for deliveries.
- Near-miss identification tools to identify risk early on.
- Geospatial tools to inform balanced infrastructure investment that supports social and environmental outcomes.
- Apps that integrate a range of location data sources to provide new joined up services to transport users.
This competition follows the publication in June of the UK Geospatial Strategy, Unlocking the power of location. Under the strategy the Geospatial Commission will maximise the commercial opportunities for innovation and promote market-wide adoption of high value emerging location technologies.
Leave your response!
You must be logged in to post a comment.