|News Update|| |
Spectra Geospatial and Aplitop collaborate on tunneling survey solution
Spectra Geospatial has announced a collaboration with Aplitop, a supplier of specialized surveying and civil engineering software, to provide a comprehensive tunnel survey solution to increase productivity for survey service providers.
This collaboration provides surveyors and geospatial professionals with a complete hardware and software solution for performing efficient tunnel construction surveys. Combining the accuracy and speed of the Spectra® Focus® 35 robotic total station with the simple workflows of Aplitop TcpTUNNEL, running on the ST10 or Ranger 7 data collector, enables tunnel surveyors to perform excavation control, automated survey and stakeout of tunnel cross-sections. In the office, data and designs can be transferred seamlessly between TcpTUNNEL CAD, a plug-in for several CAD platforms, and TcpTUNNEL field software.
The Spectra Geospatial and Aplitop solution provides a full featured workflow for tunnel constructions surveys including:
- Definition of the project design elements such as alignments and templates that can be easily transferred between the field and office
- Efficient tunnel drill and blast setout as well as reporting on the difference to design positions
- Automated data collection for the quality control of tunnel excavation process using cutting-edge tracking mode
- Accurate stake out of key design features and anchor bolts along tunnel alignment
- Graphical reporting of the differences between design and survey data to calculate over and underbreak volumes and areas to ensure design conformity