NIIT University M.Tech programme in GIS
Esri India is pleased to support NIIT University (NU) – a not-for-profit institution in launching 100% scholarship based M.Tech programmein GIS. The M.Tech GIS curriculum has been designed by NU by taking inputs from experts in geospatial industry including that of esri India.Looking at the programme highlight and other details, it is our belief that you will find the program very current and relevant. It will not only take your knowledgebase in GIS to the next level but in the process will also do tremendous value addto your professional qualifications. NU is positioning this program at par with MBA in terms of employment and compensation levels and has already secured industry support in this repositioning including that of esri India. Please go through the details provided below about the programme and about NU. Should you find the program relevant, you can log on to the web site of NU www.niituniversity.in and get more details and apply online for consideration of your candidature. The seats are limited to 30 and since the admission is scholarship based, we are expecting large number of people to apply. Thereforean early decision of yours will increase your chances of securing an enrollment in the programme. NIIT University’s M.Tech Programme highlightsNIIT University is starting state of the art M.Tech (GIS) programme from February 2012. It will be a two year intensive programme designed for professionals having 2 or more years of relevant work experience. The programme will expose students to real life projects using technologies that are current and industry relevant. On completion of the M.Tech programme, NU placement cell will share the profile of successful students with the leading GIS companies in the country, including esri India for securing appropriate placements; which will be at par with MBA in terms of employment and compensation levels. NU and esri Inc. California are scouting for meritorious GIS scholars and to enable the pursuit have instituted 100% scholarship for constituting the first batch.
USPs of the programme being:
1. All enrolled students will be awarded 100% scholarship which comes from esri Inc, California and some leading corporate houses in the country. Details of the scholarship are available on the NU website –www.niituniversity.in
2. Seats are limited to 30 only and will be offered purely on merit. Selection will be done on the set admission criteria set up by NU. They comprise of series of evaluations and personal interviews.
3. The programme is open to only those candidates who have minimum 2 years of relevant work experience, preferably in GIS application development, technical support or pre-sales support. Post Graduates and/or Graduates in other disciplines with software development experience of 2 years are also eligible to join the programme.
4. The duration of the programme will be 2 years comprising of 4 semesters. First two semesters will be at NU campus doing academics. Remaining two semesters will be internship in various companies (including esri India). Appropriate stipend will be paid during the internship.
5. During the 4thsemester enrolled students may get a chance to spend two weeks at University of Redlands in US of which part will be at esri Inc. Head Quarters in California, US. Those students who will like to avail of this opportunity will have to bear to and fro US travel expenses, visa charges, plus boarding and lodging charges in the US (all on actual). During this time, those students who do not opt for the option of US visit will be given an equivalent exposure in India at NU campus and at esri India.
6. On completion of the M.Tech programme, NU placement cell will share the profile of successful students with the leading GIS companies in the country, including esri India for securing appropriate placements; which will be at par with MBA in terms of employment and compensation levels.
About NIIT University (Not-for-Profit Institution)
Nestled in the foothills of Aravali, in Neemrana, Rajasthan the picturesque 100-acre fully residential Green Campus of NU is equipped with the state-of-art technology-enabled teaching methodology backed by a strong research-foundation backed by a strong research-focused curriculum for facilitating a continuous process of learning and development.Set up in 2009 as a not-for-profit institution, with the vision of being the leading center of innovation and learning in emerging areas of the knowledge society, NU has been developed as an institute of excellence based on the four founding principles of providing industry-linked, technology-based, research-driven, seamless education.